Options to study in the US, leading to a U.S. conferred degree or certificate is permitted on 3 different type of visas; 

(F) Student Visa, (M) Commuter Student, (J), Exchange Student

a visitor (B) visa, even if it is for a short duration. For example, a student in a distance learning program that  requires a period of time on the institution’s U.S. campus must obtain a student (F or M) visa prior to entering the United States.

Student Acceptance at a SEVP Approved School

The first step is to apply to a SEVP-approved school in the United States.  After the SEVP-approved school accepts your enrollment, you will be registered for t