The Mendoza Maquez Law Office, specializes in removal defense cases. We can help with pursuing specific grounds of relief from removal, such as cancellation of removal, adjustment of status and waivers of inadmissibility. In general terms, to be eligible for cancellation of removal, a person must demonstrate:
1. 10 years of continuous physical presence in the United States
2. Good moral character during that 10 year period of time;
3. No disqualifying criminal offenses; and
4. Exceptional and extremely unusual hardship to a U.S. Citizen or Lawful Permanent Resident spouse, parent or child.
If an individual who is already a legal permanent resident is placed in removal proceedings, the requirements are different:
1. 7 years of continuous residence after admission in any status;
2. 5 years as a lawful permanent resident; and
3. No aggravated felony convictions
Being removed (deported) from the United States can be a life-changing event that rips people away from their families and communities. However, with planning, strategy, and hard work both from you and our firm, we may change the outcome of the case.